Friday, February 20, 2015

Sprouts and Vegetable Salad with Nuts

Over the past week I have been making one pot meals for lunch and salads to go with. Salads are often included in my menu though my husband is not particularly interested. I am wary of the leaves though. I have not taken to the raw taste of lettuce and such, so I opt to exclude them. On a visit to the market, I picked up a small pack of cherry tomatoes, green grapes and tender ginger. Most times I snack on sprouts for my mid morning snack, thus, I have on hand one thing or another.
This is a simple salad with no fancy dressing but loaded with nutrition. A simple lime juice and ground ginger was all I needed to take the taste one notch higher.

Sprouts and Vegetable Salad with Nuts
Serves two people
Ingredients:



1/2 cup sprouted green gram
12-15 cherry tomatoes
20 green grapes
1 carrot
A table spoon each of walnuts, goji berries, slivered almonds and pistachios
Salt
1&1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon ginger paste

Method:
Slice the carrot as desired, cut into two the cherry tomatoes and green grapes.
If the grapes are seedless variety use them as is, otherwise remove the seeds.
Toss the sprouts, above vegetables and all the nuts in a serving bowl.
Add salt, ground ginger and the lime juice.
A quick salad is ready to be served
.

3 comments:

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.