Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Poori Laadu

My mother makes sweets that we often don't get in the sweet shops. She does not mind the workload just to indulge us. Poori laadu is one such recipe. I would like to share this with all of you. I hope all of you will not mind a li'l indulgence once in a while.





Ingredients:
Semolina -1 cup (Super fine quality/ Chiroti rawa)
Sugar - 1 1/4 cups ( powdered )
Nutmeg powder -3 teaspoons
Cashews -2 tablespoons (Broken and roasted in ghee)
Ghee for frying - 3/4ths of a cup

Mix the rawa with water to make a stiff dough. Let it stand for 1/2 an hour. Using a hand mixer beat this dough thoroughly to make it very pliable. Make tiny marble sized balls and roll to puris. deep fry these pooris in hot ghee until very crisp. Having fried all of them make a coarse powder of the puris. Mix with the nutmeg powder, cashews and sugar. Mix well and shape the laddus.


Enjoy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. my mom makes it with maida instead of sooji...i love these ladoos

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time to ur blog ..loved it and u have so good header too. keep rocking and going . visit my space when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mahima,Pavithra and Sailaja.I'm following all of your blogs and find them interesting.I'm learning a lot...more than just cooking.Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was searching for this and finally found here.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.