Saturday, May 30, 2009

Vasantha Neer

Way back in 1989, our cousin took some of my cousins, sister for dinner at a very famous 5 Star place in Chennai. As most of them were newly married, he wanted to throw them a party. So a whole lot of youngsters were having a good time. I was pregnant with my daughter then and at home in Namakkal. I had various updates about this rendez-vous. The most significant memory was, of course, their welcome drink which helped me coin the title. I have used the basic ingredient in that drink which is the tender coconut water and have justified the name :)




Here in Ghana mangoes are invitingly hanging out of all the trees, Srivalli has hosted the Mango Mela event...so, all these factors got me putting up this post.

Ingredients:
Tender coconut -2 numbers
Mango -1 very ripe, pulpy, sweet variety
Sugar -3 tablespoons
Lemon juice -few drops





Skin the mangoes and with a fruit baller,take out balls of the pulp.Make a very thick syrup of the sugar. Drop mango balls just long enough to coat them with the sugar. Open the tender coconut and drain the water in a glass. drop the mango crystals into it. Float a few pieces of coconut in the juice. Add the drops of lemon and serve.

I'm sending this recipe as my entry to Srivalli's event. Mango Mela.


9 comments:

  1. Mangoes in Tender coconut... sounds new to me... thanks you for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am a new blogger.. you have a very good blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new combo,mango with coconut makes a great taste

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is first time to ur blog. I am glad that I discovered ur space. All the pictures are awesome, breathtaking clicks. Love ur presentaion...wow, dude you do write well too. I am became a fan at first glance. Will visit to often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks a lot! all this while, my daughter was clicking and presenting the pictures :) hopefully, the quality stays after the 6th of june, when she goes back to college ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mangoes and ilaneer must make for a winning combination - fabulous. Aah so Niki is the photographer? Nicely done niki.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mangoes and coconut is a lovely combo! Looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tender coconut and mangoes that sounds refreshing and a kewl combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow that's new, simple and yum...

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.