Wednesday, November 9, 2011

String Hoppers for Black and White Wednesdays

We had an extended weekend with the Eid festival being celebrated on Monday. Our friends decided to have the deepavali parties during this period; thus our lunch and dinner menus and timings took their own pattern. This afternoon's lunch was string hoppers at home. String hoppers are sevai in tamilian homes or shavige as it is known in South Canara.

My husband willingly opted to press the prepared dough while I took pictures.
I am sharing one such picture here; can you see the steam rising from the just steamed and pressed rice balls as they fall in neat strings through the pores?



This picture goes to Susan's Black and White Wednesdays.

11 comments:

  1. Nice click,hubby helping you good for you.Perfect handyman just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful and lovely click and a nice helpful hubby too.Good for u. I wish I was there to taste the sevai as it is my favourite.
    indu srinivasan
    kattameethatheeka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the contrast of the T Shirt pattern and the string hoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one... Giving me nostalgic memory of the string hopper my amma uses...
    Nicely captured

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVLEY PICTURE, MY AMMA USED TO MAKE SEVAI LIKE THIS WHEN WE WERE SMALL. NICE CLICK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just peaked in.Sure will come back:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.