Sailaja Damodaran tagged me to do the ABCs. Before I get there, here is something very touching I have to share.
Fate throws his dices and plays the game. One such incident happened just a few days ago.
Two teenage boys were on a motorcycle riding to college somewhere a bit in the outskirts of the city. They were not riding fast,they were wearing helmets - all in order.
Least did anybody expect that fate had other plans. They were negotiating a road turning and were caught unawares by a speeding driver. The vehicle coming at racing speed just lifted this motorcycle off the road and sped away. The boy in the pilloin died on the spot as is very common with these accidents. The rider was jammed between his bike and the road meridian which crashed his helmet. Yes, the helmet was reduced to tiny bits and pieces and those got embedded inside his cracked skull. Eye witnesses say that the boys were not at fault.
The irony was these boys were found in this condition by the pursuers of the hit and run driver.
He had caused another accident earlier and was running away from the scene while he was responsible for this one too.
The saddest part is that both the boys are ( has become past tense, so, were) single children. The pillion rider's family had heavily loaned to keep the boy in this Engineering course which will get him fine placement later and all will be taken care of.
Eventually those people who spotted the two boys gave up the futile pursuit of the hit and run and rushed them to the hospital. From their college ID cards, the college was contacted and the parents from their very own mobile phones.
The boy was declared Brain-dead yesterday, with all his vital organs very functional.
The parents in their sorrow collected courage and strength to pass these organs on to many others who might benefit clinically.
Everyone of his organs from eyes to liver, heart to kindeys are to benefit some others. The parents thought it will be easier to collect the electrically cremated ashes, than a mutilated body.
As one put it, given a choice there are enough people willing to compromise with fate in exchange for these young lives. But .....
I had read a few months ago a similar story. It is commendable that people think differently and accept their sorrow and help others. Spread the love even in your loss. God help them in their grieving and accept in His mercy the young boys' soul.
Now coming to ABCs, here it goes,
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share the ABCs of you.
4.Tag people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let the tagged people know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so that there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag.
My ABCs go thus,
1. A – Available/Single? Neither.
2. B – Best friend? My husband, of course.
3. C – Cake or Pie? Neither...Chocolates.
4. D – Drink of choice? Fresh lime with a dash of mint and ginger.
5. E – Essential item you use every day? Should have been items...there are so many.
6. F – Favorite color? White
7. G – Gummy Bears Or Worms? Don't know what these are.
8. H – Hometown? Namakkal -the Egg city of India.
9. I – Indulgence? Indian sweets
10. J – January or February? Can't it be July?
11. K – Kids & their names? A daughter, Nikileshwari.
12. L – Life is incomplete without? Contentment
13. M – Marriage date? 13 th of December
14. N – Number of siblings? two younger sisters.
15. O – Oranges or Apples? Oranges and apples.
16. P – Phobias/Fears? Heavy lightning and crashing thunders.
17. Q – Quote for today
Something you could not achieve today will be achieved at a later day. Effort in the direction of progress never goes waste.- Aravindhar annai.
18. R – Reason to smile? Musings
19. S – Season? Summer, Spring, Autumn
20. T – Tag 3 People? Indu, Srikars, Chak-le-re
21. U – Unknown fact about me? I can be stubborn, typically a bull.
22. V – Vegetable you don't like? some yams cause allergies, so I avoid.
23. W – Worst habit? I can forgive but not forget :(
24. X – X-rays you've had? Surgical removal of wrongly grown wisdom teeth.
25. Y – Your favorite food? Rasam saadham and any kootu.
26. Z – Zodiac sign? Taurus.
I am tagging
Chakh le re (God! I don't know her name) of Chakh-le-re
Indu Subramanian of Kaipakkuvam
Sripriya of Srikars Kitchen.
Go girls have fun.