Friday, September 11, 2009

Corn Methi Pulav





This recipe has been adapted from the Cooking Under Ten Minutes by Tarla Dalal.
I have altered to suit availability of ingredients and the taste fancies of the two people who would eat it, my husband and myself.
Last weekend, my husband had to work as he does once every third weekend. I cooked this rapid cooking menu and sent his lunch.
The menu consisted of Corn and Methi Pulav, cucumber raita and roasted baby potatoes.
It is a real quick-fix lunch.



For the Corn- Methi pulav you need:
1 cup uncooked Basmati rice
1 small bunch of methi leaves, washed and leaves separated, but not cut
¼ cup frozen ready to use sweet corn kernels
1 small bay leaf
1 cardamom whole
3 cloves
2’’ stick cinnamon
1 red onion small, sliced well
Coarsely powdered black pepper
¼ teaspoon garam masala (optional)
Salt to taste
2 – 3 teaspoons ghee
Wash basmati rice well and drain.
Heat ghee in a pressure pan, add the spices first and toss them for some time.
Add the onion slices and continue until the onions are translucent. Add the washed rice and roast for 2 minutes before adding the methi leaves, corn and salt.
Add two cups of water and pressure cook until one whistle before switching off the stove.
Open, mix well and serve hot with raita.

13 comments:

  1. Simply superb, i love methi leaves as anything..pulao looks tremendous and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Corn and Methi...I like that combination!!!Looks yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...delectable combo....looks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pulao looks wonderful.! Tasty delight lata..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have one more dish where I can use the methi leaves... I always used to make the standard pappu with methi... thanks for sharing this Lata :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might be a real quick fix, but is a definite feast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Latha,
    The long list of ingredients caught my attention dear ...loved the final produt :) looks yummy and the raita really tempts one to have another helping :)
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUm YUm...you are on a roll....

    Shobha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying this soon! only thing i'll make it with my version of "fried" rice instead of the basmati.. heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be an enjoyable read Cooking Under 10 Minutes by Tarla Dalal. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and orignal, this book is going in by "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.